This document only covers how you can integrate Interakt as a WSP in WebEngage.
Following are the steps that will enable you to add the WhatsApp Service Provider from the list of WSPs offered by WebEngage.
Click the Add WhatsApp Service Provider or Plus icon on the top or click on the banner of the WSP at the bottom. In doing so, you will be prompted by a configuration modal. Select Interakt from the list of WhatsApp Service Provider.
Adding a name enables you to identify the appropriate WSP for a campaign while creating it. This comes in handy, especially when you have multiple accounts with the same WSP.
Kindly specify the verified phone number that you'll be using to send all your WhatsApp campaigns in this field.
Following are the steps that the Interakt users will have to perform to to configure Interakt's API Key in Webengage:
- To obtain his API Key (for Webengage), the client would have to raise a ticket on the Interakt platform by going to Settings -> Raise an Issue.
- The API Key would then be provided to the client via Email / WhatsApp.
- The client would then have to enter that API Key in the WSP Configuration Modal on WebEngage.
Find your account server location and inform Interakt about the same by emailing them on [email protected] or whatsapping @ +917021512345
If you are not sure which server your account is on, kindly check the URL of your dashboard:
For the US server, the URL is
For the Indian server, the URL is
WhatsApp templates can be easily added by following the below steps:
Click on the Plus icon next to WhatsApp Templates to get started.
Select Interakt from the drop-down menu to send the campaign.
You can create the template in the Interakt dashboard at https://app.interakt.ai/templates/list
- Template Type: You can choose one template type from the given options: Text, Image, Video, Document, and Location.
- Template Name: Give the exact template name that has added in WSP dashboard.
The template name should exactly match the 'code name' of the template that is created on the Interakt dashboard.
To get the 'code name' of the template on the Interakt dashboard, please go to https://app.interakt.ai/templates/list and click on the particular template. The page that opens will have a URL of the format https://app.interakt.ai/template/xyz/view. Here the 'code name' is xyz.
- Template Text: Add the message to the template. To know how to add variables in template text click here.
- Template Language: From the dropdown menu, choose the preferred language for the template.
- Button (Optional): Toggle to add the CTA button to your message.
- Footer (Optional): Enter the footer note for the template.
Your template is now saved and ready to send your campaign.
Once you've added the templates, your Data Platform> Integrations > WhatsApp section will look like as shown below. You can choose to edit/ delete a template anytime by clicking on the Actions menu.
You've now successfully integrated Interakt with your WebEngage dashboard.
You can test the integration by creating a test WhatsApp campaign and sending it to a group of internal users (aka your teammates).
Please feel free to drop in a few lines at [email protected] in you have any further queries. We're always just an email away!
Updated 10 months ago