- This document only covers how you can integrate Gupshup as a WhatsApp Service Provider in WebEngage. Please refer to Gupshup's WhatsApp documentation for further details on their services.
- This integration only works for Gupshup Enterprise accounts, and not for Gupshup self- service accounts. For Gupshup self-service, kindly try out Private WSP integration.
Following are the steps that will enable you to add the WhatsApp Service Provider to the list of WSPs offered by WebEngage.
Click on the Add WhatsApp Service Provider (WSP) button to add the service provider. In doing so, you will be prompted by a configuration modal. Select Gupshup from the dropdown against the WhatsApp Service Provider (WSP).
Adding a name enables you to identify the appropriate WSP for a campaign while creating it. This comes in handy, especially when you have multiple accounts with the same WSP.
Kindly specify the verified phone number that you'll be using to send all your WhatsApp campaigns in this field.
Navigate to your Gupshup dashboard to find your credentials. Paste them in the configuration modal and click Add WSP to save details.
Adding the WebEngage Webhook in Gupshup will enable us to receive delivery status notifications for each user. This includes campaign performance indicators like the message delivered, failed, and queued.
Here's how you can go about it:
Step 5.1: As shown below, you will find your Gupshup integration under your WhatsApp Service Provider List section.
Step 5.2: Click the overflow menu placed on the extreme right, click View Webhook URL, and copy it.
Step 5.3: Paste the WebEngage Webhook URL under the relevant field in your Gupshup dashboard and click Save. Please connect with your Gupshup Account Manager for further assistance.
WhatsApp templates can be easily created by following the below steps:
Click on the Plus icon next to WhatsApp Templates to get started.
Select Gupshup from the drop-down menu to send the campaign.
- Template Type: You can choose one template type from the given options: Text, Image, Video, Document, and Location.
- Template Name: Give the template a name for your reference.
- Template Text: Add the message to the template. To know how to add variables in template text click here.
Your template is now saved and ready to send your campaign.
Once you've added the templates, your Data Platform> Integrations > WhatsApp (Configure)> WhatsApp Templates section will look like as shown below. You can choose to edit/ delete a template anytime by clicking on the Actions menu.
You've now successfully integrated Gupshup with your WebEngage dashboard.
You can test the integration by creating a test WhatsApp campaign and sending it to a group of internal users (aka your teammates).
Please feel free to drop in a few lines at [email protected] in you have any further queries. We're always just an email away!
Updated over 1 year ago